Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Inspired by my housemate and her very well written blogs, I have decided to start again.  Also, I have time on my hands today because I'm waiting (hoping) for my boiler to be fixed.


Things have been tough of late.  Having vastly improved one area of my life, it highlighted shortcomings in lots of other areas.  I have taken action to improve things but I suspect this will take time, and worse still, effort.  Then again, I usually find that the things I work hardest at are the things that give me the most satisfaction, so maybe it's not all bad.


Ooh, the boiler is fixed!  It wasn't pleasant getting up at 05.30 to shower at the gym.  I'm not averse to going to the gym in the morning, but I had a few glasses of Prosecco last night which was not conducive to form.  It was even less pleasant having an icy cold shower on Tuesday, which was when I discovered the boiler had packed in.  It physically hurt.  It did make me appreciate the fact that we have gas and electricity though, and think about what it might be like when our lack of resources (and/or climate change) becomes more of an issue than it is already. 


I'm currently feeling very excited about election day tomorrow.  I haven't done as much campaigning as I would have liked to, due to work commitments (I haven't had very many days off since the beginning of the year, and prefer to keep the few days I do have as free days.  I have done some canvassing though, and lots of leafleting.  Tomorrow, I will be leafleting from the very early hours, poll telling from 7am, then knocking up throughout the day to encourage our supporters to actually go to the polling stations.  Interestingly, in our area, we haven't even had a leaflet through the door from another party, never mind a candidate or representative coming to the door.  That seems reason enough in itself for Labour to win my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment